Monday, May 23, 2011

REJECT

We're together again ! haha, at the end of this transfer, Hna. Holland and I will have been together for about 7 months, AND we'll have been together for the MTC, Mother's Day calls, our halfway mark, and my birthday. hah ! So 6 weeks more together. Let's DO DIS.
  So this week was so loca. Yo no tengo las palabras para describirla jaj, pero voy a tratar ! So we'll start with Tuesday. We were dropped, one investigator after the other. We had an appointment with this one family we had been working with, and we knock on the door right? And so this woman opens the door and says, "Ohhh we've been waiting for you come on in !" ..WHATT ! So of course WE get all excited and go in and sit down.. her daughter goes and grabs their Book of Mormon and the pamphlets we gave them, and then they all come and sit down with us.. only to completely bash what we have been teaching them.. implying that because we're 'men', we can be teachings the teachings of the devil and everything like that. .. ! what ! We ended up leaving on good terms, but after already being dropped that day, we were. COMPLETELY mindblown. But they had never even read their Book of Mormon, and didn't intend to. AND they went to their pastor at their church, who told them all of these crazy things about 'the Mormons'. But there are instances like that that only strengthen my testimony.. knowing that once one actually does read, and actually does pray, they will get their answer. It's so hard trying to get them to see that there is absolutely NO harm in trying out something that will change their lives forever ! You feel me !
  Soo that happened Tuesday. Wednesday morning, we went running at this trail across the street from us like we usually do.. and we're getting towards the end of the trail to cross the street to get back to our apartment. So the apartment is IN SIGHT right? So I had been trying to work on looking ahead while I'm running instead of looking down, and so I was doing that, and I tripped in this little hole in the ground and rolled my ankle.. or how do they say it ? and so after that I'm thinking 'ok I'm cool I can make it..' but then my other foot trips and I just give.in. And I completely BEEF it( (I think they say 'biff it'.whatever) onto the ground, and I tried to break my fall with my right hand and my right knee, so my arm's cool, it just has a bruise.. but my knee got tore.UPP hah ! So afterwards, we're walking back to the little gym at our apartments, because we still had 15 minutes left to exercise.. and I check out my knee really quick, and it was bleeding so much that it had gone through my shorts to the other side, and my knee was like. smothered. hahah ! Soo. We went back home to go clean it up, but don't you worry momma. For about 20 minutes, I took everything you taught me to clean it up and gave that bad boy NO mercy. hahah. I have pictures of it when it was already cleaned.. so watch for them. hah
  Soo Saturday we got rejected.. over. and over. and over. up until about 4 o clock. Which was. THE unfunnest thing ever. In the MTC they told us to not get discouraged when we're rejected, because "it's not us they're rejecting..it's the message".. but in reality. I wouldn't really care how much I was rejected. I'm not really anything. But the fact that what we have to bring to all of these people keeps getting shoved back with no intent to better their lives just.hurts. Like. How sad Heavenly Father must be seeing His children reject Him. OR when others come upon trials in their lives, and they become mad at God. After He has given them so much, and He is still sitting there, with His arms out at these children of His that are cursing His name at the world. It's horrible to think about. But on the other hand.. I imagine how happy He must be with those that are trying, every single day, doing more with Him than they can do on their own.
  Also ! Saturday, our dinner appointment cancelled, so we decided to go to Dion's, this pizza/salad place. So we're waiting for our food to-go, and this Mexican man walks in with this boy, and this man is decked.OUT in tattoos, on his arms and the back of his head and everything. And he kept looking over at us, and so I was just smiling at him. I wasn't sure if he spoke English or Spanish, so I didn't know what to do ! But they ordered their food and went to go sit down.. and I told Heavenly Father to bring them back if He wanted us to talk to them ! So we got our food, and we start walking out, and he's sitting right there with the boy and he says, "Excuse me! He has a question for you." pointing to the boy. JUSSS! So the boy asks us what church we're from, and it turns out the boy was baptized a year ago ! The man is his mom's boyfriend I think, and it turns out he's from Inglewood, but moved to San Bernadino, where I used to work, and THEN moved to Horizon in El Paso, Texas, on the same street I used to live on ! WHAT ! haha I keep saying 'what'. It was SO COOL. He's not a member, but we're going to go visit them all this week :)
  It's so cool, being on a mission. It's so cool experiencing these things that in reality we would never experience in ANY.other.way. Muchas veces, no es divertida. Nunca he tenido tanto sueno, nunca me he sentido tan triste, tan sola. Pero tambien, nunca he tenido tanto gozo por otra persona. Nunca he estado tan preocupada por otras personas. Pero. Todo es valio la pena. Todo !
  So I love yall. I'll try getting on a video for yall. My face will be worth millions one day.. so I better use it the most while it's in its prime. hahaha! I'm really. Just kidding. Portense bien. No hagan nada que yo no haria ! ;)


La Iglesia es Verdadera....

La Hermana B.

No comments:

Post a Comment