Friday, October 1, 2010

10/1/2010 - Email

HEYoohhh ! Okay, so I have a couple things to say and I'm gonna take my time.. I'm SO NOT in the mode to be sweating in this sassy cardigan I'm wearing right now hahah. Okay well ANYway. So thank you for the package!! Mail for ALLL of us in our District has been um. slower. this week haha. Not that we're sad or that it's a bad thing! I just thank you so much for the package. And I have GOT to say. The Spongebob sweatbands were prooobably the best part besides the note and letter ! And my roommates think ya'll are STUDS haha :) We took a picture with the sweatbands too, so I'll try to get that out to ya'll soon :) sorry I haven't sent more pictures!! I've been wanting to.. but I feel like it's just my same exact smile in every one, just a different pose or person haha, so I didn't want ya'll to get sick of them.. did you like the pictures of mi favorito Elderes though?? That's what I have for family out here.. so do NOT WORRY. The Lord's hands and these endowed servant's hands are possibly thee BEST hands we could be in hah :)
  So! Conference is tomorrow! I learned a couple weeks back and I thinkkkK I wrote you about it, there's some scripture talking about how the prophets are saying what the Lord wants us to hear. RIGHT NOW. So watching my first full-on conference is gonna be SO COOL knowing that ! PLUS! An Elder in my District, Elder Munk, is gonna be singing in the missionary (?) choir at conference.. I don't think he knows what he's gonna wear yet hahah, but look for him! If you see an Elder Munk.. cuz you KNOW they get close-up on the screens sometimes to some people's faces or noses when they sing.. I never got that haha :o
  I'm gonna be sending ya'll something! It's really nothing much.. we were just at the Temple getting breakfast in their I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING 5 STAR CAFETERIA and they had something I haven't seen in forEVER.. so I got ya'll some. :P IS THE SUSPENSE KILLING YOU YET. hahah
OH MY GOSH! I saw Elder Jace Matthews this morning!!! I remembered he'd be coming on Wednesday and never saw him, but at 6:45 this morning we ran into each other, while I was going to the temple and he was going to gym.. he said the 2nd day's so hard, but he seems like he's doing SO good ! I was so happy to see him.. it's like the mothership landed from the outside world to remind me there are still people I know other than the people here haha :)
  Oh and hey momma! I'm glad to hear yo cumpleanos went well.. I was SO EXCITED for you to get the package.. I problly bugged everyone saying over and over how much I wondered if you had the package yet or not :P And! As a District, we sing a Spanish Hymn every day before class, and I asked our District Leader to sing a hymn you like on your day.. but I blanked when he said yes! So we just sang "How Great Thou Art".. I hope you like that one..? I remembered I THINK you liked Carrie Underwood's version.. .. right ? or no ? :/
  Well ANYway. So this enTIRE week we've had to speak nothing but Spanish, and we've been teaching in Spanish too. But our first full-on 35-minute lesson in Spanish is tonight.. so um. I don't think ANY of us would say no to prayers! What's cool about the MTC though, is if there is ANY time to fail when it comes to teaching someone, it's here. It's just remembering that that's harder hah. So! That being said.
  I can't believe I still have 16 minutes. MAN I feel like a G! Sooo ! Oh! I'm wearing the scarf Gina sent me as I type. Right now! AND the stunna shades Cara sent me too! My future's so bright, I am SO GLAD I finally have a way to shield it a little haha. Oh my gosh I am JUST.kidding. But thank you for the scarf.. I don't need ya'll buying anything for me or sacrificing your stuff to send it to me! HOW AMAZING ARE YOU! I love you so much. It's. ridiculous. I wanted to say the other word from Nick and Norah but I feel bad :/
  DANG! I LOVE the MTC. Like forREALL. I've learned it really does depend on your attitude towards it, but this will be the ONLY time most likely in my life where I'm with people who have all been set apart as full-time servants of the Lord, doing nothing but what Heavenly Father wants us to do.. or at least trying. It's so cool ! The worst word I've heard here is the 'h' word, and it was someone from the Branch Presidency talking about hell. I don't think that counts haha.
  Well! I love you all so much. I can't say it enough. 3 weeks and 3 ? days til we're out of here. It's really not slowing down enough. I feel like I'm in this weird inbetween, wanting to go to New Mexico, but wanting to stay here with everyone I've come to love SOMUCH. ..though not one person could replace you all at home. .. Well. Except God himself. But I'm sure you understand that haha.
  Has the time gone by quick for ya'll too? How's everything going? And momma HOW'S YO NECK!
  Okay. I think I'm gonna get going. I'm trying harder every single day to become better. Remember how important sincere repentance is.. I don't think I realized it before I came out here. And umm. DO NOT hesitate to send more pictures! If you can! Those with words make the missionary want to better themselves even more.. it's pathetic really. How much words on paper and boxes with food mean to us out here. But THEY ARE THE WORLD.
  I appreciate all that you do. Remember to come to Conference with questions! They'll be answered, and I'm gonna think some up too. I love you Ward family. I love you eternal family. I love you friends. I love you all. God loves you all.
 
PAZ FACIL. (Peace easy)
 
La iglesia es verdadera, Hermana Lia Batchkoff

No comments:

Post a Comment