Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pascua! - 4/18/2011

This e-mail is probably not gonna be very long either.... I can't even apologize, because I knew if I was REALLY sorry I'd change my ways hah. But I like doing these minute-long videos SO MUCH MORE. it'ssucharush hahaha just kidding. But anyway! WudduPP Mo Val ! La Pascua, or Easter, is already coming up this week. And in less than 2 months I'm gonna turn 22.. guacala. But I guess that's what happens when the clock never stops going. 'Time is the thing that stops everything from happening all at once' !
  So this week has been insane. Like every single minute as a missionary hah. We have an investigator, Jose, who had a baptismal date for the 30th. But we just woke up the other morning and thought, why NOT this weekend.. he is SO READY it is incredible. He is ALWAYS reading from his Book of Mormon, and he is so nice. There's a different little 'something' you look at when you have an investigator that keeps progressing. Not really like a brother, not like a friend.. but it's just like how I imagine you look at your own son or daughter. And when they do something that's right, you just wanna squeeze their cheeks and take a picture haha. Oh my gosh I'm gonna be the most annoying mother. ...not that that's annoying! But anyway. So last week, he had court and realized he had to come up with $2,000 in 7 days to pay for his trailer.. which is pretty tough hah. So we were praying for him and trying to figure something out, but we had no clue what to do. Until he calls us ECSTATIC, telling us that his lawyer gave him the money to pay for his hime out of nowhere. Whatt!! So he's just thanking us over, and over and OVER, telling us how this church and this gospel has given him a different happiness than any other church that he has been to. He was so happy, I could hardly believe it. Just from prayers! Look at how near to us our Heavenly Father is. It's incredible. SO the next night, we went to the church to teach English classes, and he was there, with a new haircut and his clothes all buttoned up and nice. THIS GOSPEL DOES SO MUCH. It should be our very breath. Everything. Because quite honestly. What is it that brings us the simple happiness that we need in the first place? One thing, at the English classes, that Jose said to Hna. Holland while I was helping someone was, "You know, I always knew God, but I never listened to Him." ...We can go every single day knowing what we believe, but unless we have that relationship with our Heavenly Father, unless we rely on Him and show Him that we need Him to help us walk upright everyday, we have nothing. So Jose is getting baptized this coming Saturday! At noon, and right after is when we have the training with the man. Elder Holland :p so this should be. an okay weekend hah. The Elders have a baptism too! Of Oscar.. but I call him Carlos. I don't know why haha, but it makes him laugh ! OscarCarlos always thought he had to be perfect to be baptized, but Hna. Holland and I taught Gospel Principles one Sunday and I drew this picture showing that baptism is just the first step to becoming more, that all we have to want is the desire to follow our Savior. And he said that that completely changed his perspective! So he's getting baptized with Jose this weekend. JEAH !
  That's the most I have about this week. It's been so crazy, even if I had tried to explain exactly what happened, ya'll probably wouldn't understand me hah. I'm at this weird point where I feel jumbled when I try to speak English OR Spanish. Like when will I win with one haha. But anyway!
  Something I also learned last night.. I was talking to Elder Keller on the phone, and he asked me who I write to in my journal. Anddd I said I just write.. ARE we supposed to write to someone ?? And he told me that one of his companions wrote to his future son, or he'll write to himself or to Heavenly Father. HOW AMAZING why didn't I ever think of that ! So I decided what I'm gonna do. From the experiences of the day, I'm going to write to a member of my family who I think would benefit from those experiences.. or maybe one of my future children, who knows ! Maybe that'll give me more drive to write in my journal. Rather than just knowing that 'God only keeps a record-keeping people" :p
  One more thing! Last week, Monica, a recent convert, called us. Her 3-yr. old, Natalie, was really sick and her face was yellow. And so we called up the Elders and we all met up at her home to give Natalie a blessing. So here was Natalie, who was sobbing uncontrollably and squirming around in Monica's lap. And then the Elders and Hno. Gallardo put their hands on her head to give her a blessing, and they started. And right away she just stopped and went com.pletely calm. It was incredible. She was more silent than me! And afterwards she looked so much better, and now she's fine. These miraces that happen every single day, that we only recognize if we open our eyes to all the 'more' that there is.
  Anyway. Thank you so much for all that you do, every single one of you. All of your prayers, all of your thoughts. Every single one is counted, I promise! The support you have for missionary work shows your support for the Lord. And when you show you support the Lord, He turns around and supports you. :) Look for the simple things that bring you joy.. you will be so much happier, and will realize that no matter how broken or unbroken your life may be, we all have those simple happy things. Laugh at something dumb this week. It'll make you happier I promise hah.

La Iglesia es Verdadera !

La Hermana B

No comments:

Post a Comment