Monday, April 11, 2011

4/11/2011

Oh my gosh this week was inSANE. Without the Spirit keeping me going..physically.. every single step of the way, I think I would have dropped by now haha. Pero milagro! Aqui estoy!
  So it started this past Monday. We went to visit this woman Vielca, who the Elders are teaching, but we got permission to come because they can never find a woman to go with them into her home. Sooo. Vielca called the Elders, and she has had an EXTREMELY hard life. She has been involved with about every horrible thing the world has to offer, and has been suicidal as a result of it. So all in all. When she calls, we come. Just as with every investigator. But lucky that with her, she actually calls haha. So she called last Monday and wanted us to all come. So we dropped everything and went. And on the way she texted us and cancelled. So we were already almost there, and the Elders met up with us. So we were already outside her house, and decided that if nothing, we could heart attack her. S since it was freezing, all of us piled into the car and started cutting hearts really quick. and while THAT was going on, she came home! So we were able to see her still, and we just talked to her a little and decided to sing "I Am a Child of God" to her and her oyfriend. And it was so cool, being in the same exact position that the Elders were in, singing the same exact song they sang to us when they met US for the first time, but in a different language. And her boyfriend, who was abusive before, started crying! So since then, they have been reading the scriptures together and trying and TRYING to change.. together! HOW COOL IS THAT. So we left right, and we came back, ducking like 007 under her window haha, to heart attack her door. So we knocked really fast and BOLTED. And we went to this alley behind the apartments.. which probably wouldn't be safe if we weren't with Elders.. or if we weren't missionaries haha. But she called us, talking about how that made her cry.. and she never cries ! And to think that a simple heart attack.. a simple gesture that took hardly any money or tie at all has changed her life. She's reading her Book of Mormon! And her boyfriend's changing! It is incredible. But after THAT, we walked out to the car.. to see it completely bashed in on the door behind the driver's door. Like Edward Cullen tried to stop it hahah. What we happened we have NO clue haha, but! At least we're okay! Apparently where we were is literally called by all the locals and everyone.. 'the war zone'. man I feel like such a G here ! ...but not really aha
  Sooo what else happened last week? We taught a lot of people and have been working and working. I have wondered at times, as one serving a mission right now, that if one were to ask me what I could do to prepare to serve a mission, what I would say. I remember Mitchell telling me that there really is NO way to prepare to serve a mission, because it is nothing one could ever imagine. And I totally and completely agree. I would have to say that my actual faith in my Heavenly Father is shaken and tried a lot more than my actual testimony, if that makes any sense. It is all in faith, and our faith is what opens doors, and what softens hearts, and what helps people believe in what you are, because it is manifest in every single thing that you do. It isn't easy, working at having faith strong enough day to day that Heavenly Father will pull me through, and much more, pull others through.. through me. If that makes sense. So that being said! I would tell anyone who may be reading this that if they want to prepare themselves to serve a mission.. to strengthen their faith. As much as they absolutely can. By reading their scriptures and praying.. and praying. and praying! And not failing. We are all going to have that point where Heavenly Father is all we have to hang on to.. and I don't want that anyone gets to the point where they do not want to pray. These missions aren't easy. Just as members, every single day we are fighting with good. I don't want anyone who plans to serve a mission to think that they are getting into a cakewalk. If discipleship was easy, a lot more people would be living the gospel. But by keeping the faith, and strengthening it in any good way possible, we will be ready !
  Allllso what has happened. We have this investigator, Jose, who has a baptismal date! His family just left him so he is completely alone, but when he comes to church it seems like he feels that he has family there. He smiles, and I don't know how often he does that. But he makes us these flowers.. full on roses out of beer cans haha ! Well. He'd already made them.. we just get them. But don't worry about him! He's doing really well. And we're trying to keep him strong in the gospel as much as possible. He came to church yesterday !
  We also have someone we're working with.. Maribel. And she knows the gospel is true, and it's here. But she's grown up Catholic, and so she's putting off praying and knowing something else is true because of what she is comfortable with. It's so hard, because I know how happy she can be and I just want her to be! Her life with her whole family is rough, so it's hard not being able to..make her decisions for her haha.
  But anyway. That's everything in a little crumble right now, because my mind is so jumbled. Yesterday at church! 2 les active families, 2 of our investigators, and another less active came ! It was the most busy craziest session of church I have EVER been to, but it was amazing to see these people changing! And this area! So thank you for your prayers.. I am constantly praying for ya'll too.. how could I not :)

I love ya'll! I should probably put some more Spanish in these e-mails.. I promise I do speak it haha. Paz y bendiciones!


La iglesia es verdadera.. La Hermana B

No comments:

Post a Comment